First get the Pink 111 Lab Radiation User Safety Form from a 111-Lab staff person. Fill out Completely
- Watch the Physics 111-Lab Radiation Safety Video.
- Go to the on-line sealed source training at the EH&S site https://app.ehs.berkeley.edu/lmsi and then search 401.1 in the right-top box within the blue top border. You don't have to go through the training on Radiation Producing Machines (RPMs).
- Print the last page showing completion of training
- Read Radiation Use document for 111-Lab RUA-3271
- Physics Emergency Contacts
- Radiation Safety Manual PDF
- You need to wear long pants and closed toe shoes while doing any experiment using a radiation source.
- Survey the area of your experiment, with Geiger counter, before starting to check for any leakage from any radiation source before you start.
- You should read the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Document ReadMe-PPE
- SOPs = Standard Operating Procedures for Beta, Compton, Gamma, and Rutherford experiments SOPs
Now you can fill out, initial, and sign the pink sheet. Turn the following in to Winthrop Williams then a GSI will give you a radiation ring:
- 111 Lab Radiation User Safety Form (pink)
- Sealed Source User Record of Training Completion certificate